I reviewed Sav’s Grill & West African Cuisine in an earlier post (I loved it) and have since returned MANY times!
I thought I’d update my review just to be sure you didn’t think my first visit was a one-off.
Another favorite is a meat pastry called fataya: perfectly seasoned beef filling in a crispy pastry. This is great whether you serve it hot or pack it for lunch or a picnic and eat it cold. It’s delicious served with a simple yogurt-based mint sauce.
Other favorites at Sav’s are:
- Riz Gras: sirloin tips with carrots, cabbage and eggplant in seasoned rice.
- Fried Plaintains: cooking bananas served with a tomato-onion topping.
- Fufu: plantain-based dumpling, “like creamy mashed potatoes.”
- Peanut Goat: local goat meat with tender chunky potatoes in a peanut-based vegetable broth.
- Tiage: tilapia and seasoned corn flour balls with tender chunky potatoes in a peanut-based vegetable broth.
Sav’s Grill & West African Cuisine is consistently excellent, with very reasonable prices.